Provide an example of an experimental, quasi-experimental, and nonexperimental research from the GCU Library briefly summarize and explain how each research type differs from the others. (see attached)
There are three approaches that can be used to study personality in a cultural context, the cultural-comparative approach; the indigenous approach; and the combined approach, which incorporates elements of both views. Answer the following questions:
- Which approach do you support?
- Why do you most support this particular approach?
- Give an example of how you envision this approach being used in a real-world context.
Secondly, go to your group discussion forum and introduce yourself to your group members.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Estimated time to complete: 2-3 hours
Review Appendix A, Sections I–V in Finkelman (2016).
- Select one of the sections and share how your chief nurse executive demonstrates expertise in these competencies. Your comments should be about the “highest nursing leader” in your organization. Typically this is the leader who represents nurses and nursing to the governing board.
- In your own words, explain the differences between a transactional nursing leader and a transformational nursing leader. What one is more like your Nurse Executive?
- Describe how the Nurse Executive “leads the charge” for transformational leadership in an organization where you work or have done prelicensure clinical experiences.
3 paragraphs with reference and in text citation
Carmen Medina, aged 39, lives with her husband, Raúl, aged 43, who works as a mechanic in a small auto shop. Mr. Medina has worked in the same place since he and his wife came to the United States from Puerto Rico 15 years ago. The Medinas have a 4- year-old son, José; a 16-year-old daughter, Rosa; and an 18-year-old son, Miguel. The Medinas both attended vocational school after completing high school. Mrs. Medina is employed 4 hours a day at a garden shop. She stopped working her full-time job to care for her ill mother and aged father, who do not speak English and depend on government assistance. The family income last year was $28,500. The family has health insurance through Mr. Medina’s job. They live in a threebedroom apartment in a low-income Illinois community. Miguel works in a fast-food store a few hours a week. Because Rosa has responsibilities at home, the Medina’s do not allow her to work outside the home. She is very close to her grandmother but avoids talking with her parents. Both Rosa and Miguel are having difficulties in school. Rosa is pregnant and the family does not know. She is planning to drop out of school, get a job in a beauty shop, and leave home without telling the family. Miguel frequently comes home late and, on occasion, sleeps out of the home. He is beginning college next semester and has plans to move out of the house during the summer. The family is having difficulty dealing with Rosa’s and Miguel’s developmental and behavioral challenges. Although Mrs. Medina is outspoken about these concerns, Mr. Medina is quiet and not actively involved in the discussion. He is more preoccupied with the family’s financial situation. Mrs. Medina’s parents are encouraging them to return to Puerto Rico. Mr. Medina was diagnosed with hypertension 2 months ago, when he went to the emergency room for a respiratory infection. He smokes cigarettes and drinks two to three beers every evening after work. He has not followed up on his blood pressure treatment. Miguel is beginning to smoke, but not at home. José has had frequent colds and sinus allergies. He has been to the emergency room three times during the past year for respiratory infections. Mrs. Medina’s last physical examination was after she had José. She is experiencing insomnia, tiredness, headaches, and gastrointestinal problems. She is very concerned about Rosa and Miguel, her parents, and the family’s finances. Mrs. Medina is Catholic and recently has been visiting her church more often. Study Questions
1. Explain Mrs. Medina’s attitude in her relationship with her adolescent daughter.
2. Identify strategies to ensure that Rosa seeks prenatal care.
3. Identify barriers to accessing health care for the Medina family.
4. What are the high-risk behaviors exhibited by this family?
5. What communication barriers exist in this family that affect care delivery?
6. Discuss gender and family roles in the context of traditional Puerto Rican culture.
7. Identify sociodemographic factors affecting the physical- and mentalhealth well-being for this family.
8. Identify Puerto Rican folk practices appropriate for this family.
9. If the Medina family chose to visit a folk healer, which one(s) do you think they might visit? Why?
10. If Mrs. Medina’s parents visit a health-care provider, what might they expect?
11. Identify culturally congruent interventions to ensure compliance with Western health prescriptions for Mr. Medina.
12. Discuss the importance of respeto and familism in the Medina family.
13. Identify culturally congruent interventions for Rosa’s pregnancy.
14. Identify health-promotion and disease-prevention interventions needed for José.
Edit question’s body
Compare and contrast two change theories, and determine which theory makes the most sense for implementing your specific EBP project. Why? Has your mentor used either theory, and to what result?
Literature Evaluation Table
In nursing practice, accurate identification and application of research is essential to achieving successful outcomes. Being able to articulate the information and successfully summarize relevant peer-reviewed articles in a scholarly fashion helps to support the student’s ability and confidence to further develop and synthesize the progressively more complex assignments that constitute the components of the course change proposal capstone project.
For this assignment, the student will provide a synopsis of eight peer-reviewed articles from nursing journals using an evaluation table that determines the level and strength of evidence for each of the eight articles. The articles should be current within the last 5 years and closely relate to the PICOT statement developed earlier in this course. The articles may include quantitative research, descriptive analyses, longitudinal studies, or meta-analysis articles. A systematic review may be used to provide background information for the purpose or problem identified in the proposed capstone project. Use the “Literature Evaluation Table” resource to complete this assignment.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Discussion: Treatment of Sleep/Wake Disorders
The power of sleep to heal the body cannot be underestimated. Most research indicates that 7–8 hours of sleep are a minimum that people need to stay healthy. Clients who come to the PMHNP’s office frequently complain of sleep problems. It is estimated that 10–20% of patients report some type of sleeping problem.
In this Discussion, you will analyze the diagnostic criteria and evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for sleep/wake disorders.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- By Day 5 of Week 9, your Instructor will have assigned you a sleep/wake disorder, which will be the focus of your original post for this Discussion. ****NIGHTMARE DISORDER*****
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned sleep/wake disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned sleep/wake disorder.
- Describe at what point you would refer the client to their primary care physician for an additional referral to a neurologist, pulmonologist, or physician specializing in sleep disorders and explain why.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
Assignment 1: Week 10 Practicum Journal: Checkpoint for Certification Plan
Report your progress on the Certification Plan completed in Week 1 and submitted in Week 4.
- What have you done to prepare for your certification?
- Have you completed the scheduled tasks assigned on your timeline? If not, what are your plans to stay on schedule?
DERMATOLOGY CASE STUDY
Chief complaint: “ My right great toe has been hurting for about 2 months and now it’s itchy, swollen and yellow. I can’t wear closed shoes and I was fine until I started going to the gym”.
HPI: E.D a 38 -year-old Caucasian female presents to the clinic with complaint of pain, itching, inflammation, and “yellow” right great toe. She noticed that the toe was moderately itching after she took a shower at the gym. She did not pay much attention. About two weeks after the itching became intense and she applied Benadryl cream with only some relief. She continued going to the gym and noticed that the itching got worse and her toe nail started to change color. She also indicated that the toe got swollen, painful and turned completely yellow 2 weeks ago. She applied lotrimin AF cream and it did not help relief her symptoms. She has not tried other remedies.
Denies associated symptoms of fever and chills.
PMH: Diabetes Mellitus, type 2.
Medication: Metformin 500mg PO BID.
Vaccination History: Immunization is up to date and she received her flu shot this year.
Social history: College graduate married and no children. She drinks 1 glass of red wine every night with dinner. She is a former smoker and quit 6 years ago.
Family history:Both parents are alive. Father has history of DM type 2, Tinea Pedis. mother alive and has history of atopic dermatitis, HTN.
Constitutional: Negative for fever. Negative for chills.
Respiratory: No Shortness of breath. No Orthopnea
Cardiovascular: Regular rhythm.
Skin: Right great toe swollen, itchy, painful and discolored.
Psychiatric: No anxiety. No depression.
Height: 5 feet 5 inches Weight: 140 pounds BMI: 31 obesity, BP 130/70 T 98.0, P 88 R 22, non-labored
HEENT: Normocephalic/Atraumatic, Bilateral cataracts; PERRL, EOMI; No teeth loss seen. Gums no redness.
NECK: Neck supple, no palpable masses, no lymphadenopathy, no thyroid enlargement.
LUNGS: No Crackles. Lungs clear bilaterally. Equal breath sounds. Symmetrical respiration. No respiratory distress.
HEART: Normal S1 with S2 during expiration. Pulses are 2+ in upper extremities. 1+ pitting edema ankle bilaterally.
ABDOMEN: No abdominal distention. Nontender. Bowel sounds + x 4 quadrants. No organomegaly. Normal contour; No palpable masses.
GENITOURINARY: No CVA tenderness bilaterally. GU exam deferred.
MUSCULOSKELETAL: Slow gait but steady. No Kyphosis.
SKIN: Right great toe with yellow-brown discoloration in the proximal nail plate. Marked periungual inflammation. + dryness. No pus. No neuro deficit.
PSYCH: Normal affect. Cooperative.
Labs: Hgb 13.2, Hct 38%, K+ 4.2, Na+138, Cholesterol 225, Triglycerides 187, HDL 37, LDL 190, TSH 3.7, glucose 98.
Primary Diagnosis: Proximal subungual onychomycosis
Differential Diagnosis: Irritant Contact Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Nail Psoriasis
Fungal culture confirms fungal infection.
As an NP student, you need to determine the medications for onychomycosis.
1. According to the AAFP/CDC Guidelines, what antifungal medication(s) should this patient be prescribed, and for how long? Write her complete prescriptions using the prescription writing format in your textbook.
2. What labs for baseline and follow up of therapy would you order for this patient? Give rationale.
Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds, and offers the following:
- Emergency room services
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic services
- Some rehabilitation therapies
- Inpatient pharmacy services
- Geriatric services
- Consumer physician referral services
Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff, varying from long wait times to rude physicians. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and to satisfactorily resolve them.
The CEO has received some resistance from the Board on undertaking a QI program. She has asked you to develop a set of talking points on the pros and cons of common measurement techniques used in healthcare that she can use the next time she runs into a Board member.
Talking points are used to quickly explain something by condensing it into a compelling, but easily digestible, list. If the goal is to increase support for a QI program, the talking points must provide the ideas she needs to convey in order to achieve the goal.
Your talking points should be submitted in a Word document. Your talking points should include the pros and cons of implementing a QI program.
Upon completion of your talking points, please prepare a PowerPoint presentation (or other shareable Webware/software you prefer) with narration where you will explain each talking point to the CEO so they clearly understand and can answer questions from the Board.
APA formatting for the talking points, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required.
- Length of PowerPoint is secondary to the quality of the presentation as a whole.
- Highlight specific pros and cons of QI programs.
- Use the Notes area on each slide as needed to expand on the key points.
Your audio presentation should include an introduction, a concise discussion of each slide, and a conclusion. Make sure to use audience-specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this to the CEO of your facility. The presentation will be assessed on your overall knowledge of the content, clarity of your voice, pronunciation of words, organization of your presentation, proper recording of your presentation, overall aesthetics and professionalism, and general clarity of your presentation.
Submitmyhomework.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
- How it works
- Become a writer