Using the Week 5 research template identify the research components, listed on the template. Select a nursing research article from the list below and address each of the following criteria:
If a component is not present in the article, its absence should be discussed.
· Identify the research problem.
· Identify the research purpose.
· Summarize the review of literature.
· Identify the nursing framework or theoretical perspective.
· Identify the research questions and hypotheses.
· Identify the variables.
· Identify and discuss the appropriateness of the design.
· Describe the procedures for data collection
· Discusses the validity and reliability of the instruments, tools, or surveys.
· Describe the final sample.
· Summarize the results including statistical analysis used or other method of analysis.
· Discuss the significance of the study. Did it resolve the question?
· Discuss the legal and ethical issues of the study. Include the use of human subjects and their protection.
· Describe any cultural aspects of the study.
· Describe how the results of the research may affect future nursing practice.
· Apply the research to your nursing practice.
NOTE: If a component is not addressed, the student receives a zero for that component.
Sousa, J.P., & Santos, M. (2019). Symptom management and hospital readmission in heart failure patients. A qualitative study from Portugal. Critical Care Nurse Quarterly 42(1), 81-88.
Nurses’ Preparedness and Perceived Competence in Managing Disasters
The Lived Experiences of People with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Phenomenological Study
Zaken, Z.B, Maoz, E., Raizman, E. (2018). Needs of relatives of surgical patients: Perceptions of relatives and medical staff. MEDSURG Nursing 27(2), 110-116.
Cite all sources in APA format.