please, use case study below and follow the instruction down below for the journal
case study for this week —-“psychiatrist evaluation “
HPI: Patient is a 13 year old Caucasian male, seen today with parents available , per mother he attempted suicide 10 days ago and was admitted at children’s hospital and was started on Prozac 10mg .Per mother patient does not like video call, he is angry and likes to keep to himself , easily irritable . Patient denies any suicidal or homicidal ideation, plan or intent, denied visual of auditory hallucination. Denies somatic complaints (headache, fatigue, stomachache, etc.)
Past Psychiatric History:
Past Diagnosis: MDD, oppositional defiant disorder
Developmental: Patient was adopted since 9 months old and prior to adoption, patient was in foster care for 9 months
History of suicides: attempted suide 10 days ago and was hospitalized for about 8 days
History of Violence: No
History of self-mutilation: no
Outpatient Rx with a Psychiatrist: none
Psychotherapy: yes 2007 ,2014-2018.Patient currently not in therapy
Medications trials in the past: None
Practicum Week 2
This week, as you continue your Practicum,
you will develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy and explore legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders.
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. (1995). Practice parameters for the psychiatric assessment of children and adolescents. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from https://www.aacap.org/App_Themes/AACAP/docs/practice_parameters/psychiatric_assessment_practice_parameter.pdf
American Psychiatric Association. (2016). Practice guidelines for the psychiatric evaluation of adults (3rd ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. Retrieved from http://psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf/10.1176/appi.books.9780890426760