Based on your readings from the text, posted materials and the video https://ed.ted.com/on/ovp7iksE(5 mins ), identify and discuss the leadership style of your immediate supervisor by using specific examples that demonstrate that style. Does your supervisor have an effective leadership style or not? Why? Make your recommendations on how the leadership style could be improved. Provide references on which you base your answers. If you are not presently employed, you may use a previous supervisor.
Locate five different types of healthcare organizations in Saudi Arabia. Formulate a chart that describes the differences in the facilities. Be sure to include items that describe their:
- Staff information,
- Mission statement,
- Areas of treatment,
- Advantages and disadvantages to the structure, and
- Any other relevant information.
Your chart should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of six scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but four must be external.
- Provide full APA citations for articles under review.
- More citation through the text
- Zero plagiarism
- There references not more than 5 years ago
- check the attached similar work
Please answer the following Discussion Question. Please be certain to answer the three questions on this week DQ and to provide a well-developed and complete answer to receive credit. Also, please ensure to have read the assigned chapters for the current week.
Q 1: Case Study, Chapter 1, Entry Into Practice: The DThe entry-into-practice debate in the United States continues to be one of the oldest and hottest professional issues nurses face as we enter the second decade of the 21st century. It appears that little progress has been made since 1965 in creating a consensus to raise the entry level into professional nursing practice, although experts do not agree even on that issue. Your neighbors ask you for information about considerations for selection of an appropriate nursing eduhild.
1. Your neighbor is confused because both ADN and BSN schools preparing graduates for RN licensure meet similar criteria for state board approval and have roughly the same number of nursing coursework units. How would you summarize the arguments for changing or not changing the nursing entry level?
2. There is current evidence-based research that explores the impact of registered nurse educational level on patient outcomes. What does the current evidence-based research conclude about the impact of RN educational level on patient outcomes?
3. Achieving the BSN as the entry degree for professional nursing practice will take the best thinking of our nursing leaders. What will it require in order to successfully achieve the BSN as the entry degree for professional nursing practice?
Nursing Leadership Interview:
You will select and interview (in person, face to face) a nursing leader relevant to the designated specialty role of choice (e.g. Nursing Director, Nursing Professor, Nurse Entrepreneur, etc.) that would hire a BSN prepared nurse. Both the assignment-required questions, as well as critically developed questions of your own creation will be incorporated. Audio-record the interview so that you may progress through the interview in a timely manner and actively participate in the discussion (this is not possible if you are trying to write the conversation down as it occurs). You will need to obtain written permission from this leader (prior to the interview) that the interview may be audio-recorded for your use in writing the interview paper. See interview consent form in Unit 3. The interview should last approximately 30 minutes.
The paper will begin with a brief introduction of the leader being interviewed and will proceed to the questions asked and answers received. The paper will need to conclude with a summative evaluation of the interview process. This information will address such elements as your critical analysis and evaluation of the interview process, information about your current personal professional status and resultant plans for possible professional mentorship within the selected organization. This 2-3 page paper will be written in 6th edition APA format including references. Review how to cite personal communications using APA format. The paper will need to be submitted through the course drop box by the due date.
Leadership Interview Assignment Guide
Present an introduction to the interview conducted, including a brief biography of the interviewee and the organization represented. Explain why this individual was chosen for the interview in light of your selected nursing specialty role.
A Learning Conversation (Level Heading): State each question you posed along with the interviewee’s responses. The questions should include (but NOT be limited to) each topical area delineated below:
a) Determine from the interviewee the mission/vision and goals of the organization
b) Determine what expectations they have for a BSN prepared nurse in your specialty in terms of meeting the organization’s mission
c) Determine what it takes to succeed in the organization
d) Describe what actions the interviewee recommends you take to establish yourself in the profession at the BSN level, specifically as related to your chosen nurse specialty role.
In addition, you are to develop a minimum of 3 additional, relevant questions that serve to further your understanding of critical elements as related to successful specialty role transition within the specific organization.
The conversation should be well organized in terms of categories of questions sharing similar focus and should be presented in such a way as to be helpful to other individuals attempting to transition into new specialty nursing roles within similar types of organizations.
Note: This is learning interview and is NOT a “job interview”, as you are a self-invited guest in interviewing this organizational leader. Questions about such items as salary, benefits, etc. are not appropriate.
Summary (Level Heading): Summarize the key points of the conversation as they relate to your chosen nursing specialty role and successful transition to such a role within the selected organization.
Reflection and Follow-Up: (Level Heading) This section will address such elements as your critical analysis and evaluation of the interview process including (but not limited to) what you would do differently upon reflection, information about your current personal professional status (where you are now in your career) and resultant plans (post interview) for professional mentorship within the selected organization as related to your chosen specialty role and career.
Assignment 1.2: A Changing World Final Paper Due Week 5 and worth 140 points The discovery of America and that of the passage to the East Indies by the Cape of Good Hope, are the two (2) greatest events recorded in the history of [human] kind” – Adam Smith, in The Wealth of Nations,1776. Think about why he and many other notables supported this statement, especially concerning the discovery of America. What was so important about this New World across the Atlantic Ocean from Europe? How did it change globalization in terms of trade, culture, societies, innovations, new and old world exchanges, and in other ways? You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you identify three (3) main points relevant to your topic. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail. Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you: Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement. Identify three (3) major aspects that demonstrate Old and New World exchanges. Explain your responses with specific examples and details. Identify three (3) specific groups that were affected by this global event and provide two (2) examples for each group describing how the group was affected. Summarize how this discovery affected the life of the average working American during the colonial period. Use specific examples and details. Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS
The purpose of this assignment is to differentiate quality improvement (QI), evidence-based practice (EBP), and research.
Create a graphic image or visual model differentiating quality improvement, evidence-based practice, and research. You can use PowerPoint, Smart Art in Word, or other software that creates a graphic. Be creative in your design. Include the following information in your graphic image or visual model:
- Compare and contrast quality improvement, evidence-based practice, and research. Identify at least one similarity and difference for each.
- Provide an example of quality improvement, evidence-based practice, and research.
- Explain why quality improvement, evidence-based practice, and research would be applied in a health care setting.
- This assignment requires a minimum of two scholarly sources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
MINIMUM OF 250 WORDS WITH PEER REVIEW
You are assigned to a quality team on a rehabilitation floor where patient falls are on the rise. What strategy would be best to approach this issue—quality improvement, evidence-based practice, or research? Support your choice with one or two examples and one or two references.
Topics to review during our first week of the course:
• Healthcare reform 101: What the health is going on in 2018? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTWhwWLzHQ
• Healthcare Transformation and Changing Roles for Nursing https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5266427/pdf/ornur3612.pdf
Frequently when the shortage of primary care providers is mentioned with regard to healthcare reform, insurance companies and other institutions forget to factor in the impact nurse practitioners can have on increasing access. How do you think we can improve this understanding of the nurse practitioner role?
Imagine that you are a senior consultant at Practical Health Care Consulting firm. Your supervisor has instructed you to spend three (3) months at the Caring Angel Hospital to help improve the quality of care, add value to the organization, improve employee morale, design an efficient organizational chart, create a strong team environment, and create the hospital’s competitive advantage. The hospital has traditionally made losses year after year. Furthermore, it is not performing well financially, and the banks are not willing to lend it large sums of money for more effective marketing.
After spending two (2) months within the hospital, you are very happy with your progress, and you think you are capable of acquiring more patient base and expanding the hospital market. However, with a closer look, you notice that your patients are still hopping from one specialized hospital to another in search of various specialized treatments. You also notice that the seats are not comfortable in the waiting area, and the patients continuously show up for appointments on the wrong dates. The nurses and the employees are not smiling during patient conversations, and everyone looks for ways to blame others for failures in the patient treatment process. Everyone seems to work alone and hide what they do from their colleagues.
At the end of the three (3) month period, you must provide a report with your recommended strategies designed to help Caring Angel Hospital achieve its goals. Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
From a consulting perspective, propose the major steps that Caring Angel Hospital could take to achieve each of the following goals:
- Improve the quality of care
- Add value to the organization
- Improve employee morale
- Design an efficient organizational chart
- Create a strong team environment
- Create the hospital’s competitive edge.
- Recommend one (1) approach that the hospital could use for acquiring a larger market share given the prevailing financial circumstances. Justify your recommendation.
- Investigate at least two (2) value-added services that Caring Angel Hospital could offer to strengthen its value proposition. Provide at least two (2) examples of the advantages of these value-added services to the hospital.
- Use four (4) recent (within the last five  years) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Propose methodologies that have been proven to increase value in health care delivery systems.
- Examine leadership and management frameworks that are most applicable to a certain organization type within the health care industry.
- Assess how politics in a health care organization motivates and demotivates employees, and recommend strategies to mitigate the challenges presented with each aspect.
- Create a communication strategy to address an ethical dilemma within a health care organization regarding the quality of service and cost.
- Craft a strategic plan that leads to a competitive advantage within a certain market.
- Determine best practices for establishing and maintaining strategic alliances within the health care industry or enterprise.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care management.
- Write clearly and concisely about health care management using proper writing mechanics.
Throughout this course we examined development through the lens of the life-span. For this week we took a closer look at older adults. The perceptions about growing older into older adulthood often do not match the realities of being an older adult. For this assignment, explain some of the myths regarding older adults and some of the realities they often face. Put special emphasis on the social-economic and the physical factors that you have found in your readings and research on this topic. Based on your experiences how would you interpret these myths and realities of older adults? Make sure to justify your answers by citing relevant sources.
Submitmyhomework.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
- How it works
- Become a writer