Describe one innovative health care delivery model that incorporates an interdisciplinary care delivery team. Explain how this model is advantageous to patient outcomes
Sister Mary is a patient in Level 2 Emergency Department. She must have a neural examination, physical assessment, radiographs of her facial bones, and a computed tomography scan of the head. Taking into consideration that she is a Roman Catholic nun, what would be the ideal course of patient education as this woman progresses from department to department?
Examine changes introduced to reform or restructure the U.S. health care delivery system. In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, discuss action taken for reform and restructuring and the role of the nurse within this changing environment.
Include the following:
1. Outline a current or emerging health care law or federal regulation introduced to reform or restructure some aspect of the health care delivery system. Describe the effect of this on nursing practice and the nurse’s role and responsibility.
2. Discuss how quality measures and pay for performance affect patient outcomes. Explain how these affect nursing practice and describe the expectations and responsibilities of the nursing role in these situations.
3. Discuss professional nursing leadership and management roles that have arisen and how they are important in responding to emerging trends and in the promotion of patient safety and quality care in diverse health care settings.
4. Research emerging trends. Predict two ways in which the practice of nursing and nursing roles will grow or transform within the next five years to respond to upcoming trends or predicted issues in health care.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for succe
RUBRIC: Discussion on emerging health care law or federal regulation, and effect on nursing practice and the nurse role, and responsibility is well-developed. A thorough and insightful discussion on how quality measures and pay for performance affect patient outcomes, and how they affect nursing practice, expectations, and responsibilities of the nursing role, is presented. A well-developed discussion on professional nursing leadership and management roles, and the imporantance of these roles in responding to emerging trends and patient safety and quality care, is presented. The discussion demonstrates a thorough understanding of the nursing profession in emerging trends and patient care in a diverse health setting. Predictions for how the practice of nursing and nursing roles will grow or transform within the next 5 years to respond to upcoming trends or predicted issues in health care are thoroughly discussed. The predictions are based on evidence and highly relevant to emerging trends. Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. All format elements are correct. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error
Write a 500-750-word essay on the Stages-of-Life and the influence of age in health care from a patient’s perspective. Interview a friend or family member about that person’s experiences with the health care system. You may develop your own list of questions.
1. Do you feel that your stage-of-life had any effect on your interaction with health care professionals?
2. Which areas of the hospital or clinic were most concerned with your well-being and feelings?
3. Was your family with you during this hospital stay or outpatient visit?
4. Was your family included in your treatment, such as post-procedure instructions?
Write a short (50-100-word) paragraph response for each question. This assignment is to be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
1. Give examples of psychosocial factors that affect the health care professional and the effect those factors could have on patient education.
2. Give examples of psychosocial factors that affect the patient and the effect those factors could have on patient education.
3. Explain what is meant by personality styles and give examples of approaches that could be used to help the patient. Include self-perception as a factor.
4. List the steps in adjustment to illness and how the patient copes with each step.
5. Explain the health professional’s role in teaching the patient at different life stages.
6. Define the role of the family in patient education.
7. How might the family influence the compliance of the patient and what measures can the health care professional use in communication with the family?
After reviewing Tables 8-1 (p. 123) and 11-2 (p. 164) in your textbook, determine the diseases Cuba and France face by combining the information into a memory matrix with each disease on the left (y axis) and France and Cuba on top (x axis). Put “Yes” or “No” inside the box to indicate if that country does or does not list the disease. Include at least ten diseases within the matrix. Along with the matrix, write a 100-word response describing your own personal explanation for the variations in diseases and disparities based on the two distinct cultures. In other words, what are the cultural factors contributing to the current state of diseases and disparities within each country?
Research and select an issue from one of the following categories that has or may have an influence on U.S. health care policies:
- Changing social norms at the state level
- Shifting health care priorities in the United States
- Impacts of global health care U.S. policy
- Effects of health care on our environment
Write a 525- to 700-word paper that discusses the impact that the issue selected can have on changing health care policy.
- Describe the issue selected.
- Identify people or groups of people the issue impacts.
- Describe the impact the issue has at the state and federal level.
- Describe how likely it is the issue selected may change health care policy.
Cite at least 2 reputable references. Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, a textbook, or other sources of similar quality.
Discussion Prompt 1
Select a state or federal law or regulation related to patient safety that has been implemented within the last five years requiring hospitals or any other health care organizations to change the way they manage the delivery of care. Discuss the changes that have occurred because of this law or regulation.
Additionally, discuss the technology associated with either your selected law/regulation or a similar one. Are there ethical dilemmas that have resulted from technology changes when delivering care to patients or patient safety? Explain the dilemmas and how they might be resolved.
Discussion Prompt 2
Topic: SUPPORT MANDATORY VACCINATION FOR CHILDREN
Evidence-based practice is extremely important in nursing. Throughout your master’s program, you will complete research on various topics. Knowing how to construct a strong problem statement and complete a critical analysis of the available information to write a literature review is essential.
This week, you will write a problem statement and perform a literature review in preparation for your ethical issues debate presentation. Share your problem statement in this discussion so that you can review each other’s work and provide peer-to-peer feedback. Also, describe what you think are the most important learning takeaways from the literature review resources you reviewed.
Submitmyhomework.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
- How it works
- Become a writer