What strategies might a professional nurse use in his/her work environment to advocate for implementation of nursing theory as a framework for quality practice?
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered. For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned and complete your participation for this assignment by Day 7. To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use resources from the South University Online Library.
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Support your work, using your course lectures and textbook readings. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Post your initial response to the topic below.
Wellness in the Elderly
- Develop a wellness program with a holistic approach for the older adult you identified in your Week 2 project.
- Use resources available in your community.
- Discuss how this approach will provide an optimum level of well-being.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the importance of agenda setting.
- Consider how federal agendas promote healthcare issues and how these healthcare issues become agenda priorities.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post your response to the discussion question: Consider a topic that rises to the presidential level. How did each of the presidents (Trump, Obama, and Bush) handle the problem? What would you do differently?
Discuss the cultural and ethical implications when selecting human subjects.
Use references from scholarly literature to support your posting.
Create an informational resource about your assigned neurotransmitter (see below), such as a video, song, worksheet, graphic, presentation, and so on. Make it easy to read or listen to and understand. You are strongly encouraged to use images and graphics. You and your classmates can save these as study tools.:
In your resources, answer the following questions and include two evidence-based sources.
- What is the function of your neurotransmitter?
- What is the pathway origin and projections?
- Is your neurotransmitter excitatory or inhibitory? Explain the difference.
- What behaviors are associated with this neurotransmitter? What symptoms or behaviors are associated with this neurotransmitter when it is deficient and/or excessive?
- How is this neurotransmitter relevant to psychiatry as far as its impact on psychiatric symptoms or psychiatric disorders?
- Provide two examples of medications that affect this neurotransmitter. Based on how this neurotransmitter translates into symptoms, explain how what symptoms you expect the medication to help with.
I prefer worksheet or graphic.
Discussion: (4-5 Paragraphs)
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Sociologist C. Wright Mills preferred to call the sociological perspective the sociological imagination, and he saw it transforming personal troubles into public issues. Let us begin our discussion this week by considering suicide, which is thoroughly explored in your textbook reading for this week.
Option 1: How does the sociological imagination help to examine private acts such as suicide within a larger societal context and how does it help us consider the causes and possible solutions to suicide?
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
- Include citations from at least the assigned textbook/lesson reading and one additional outside scholarly source to support your response.
Kendall, D. E. (2018). Sociology in our times: The essentials. Boston MA: Cengage Learning.
The purpose of this assignment is to assess leadership styles, traits, and practices as a nursing professional, establish the importance of effective interprofessional communication as a leader in nursing, and to explore the role of servant leadership in nursing practice.
Read the study materials on leadership and complete the topic quiz activities to better understand your leadership qualities. https://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/2152
Using what you have learned about the tenets of servant leadership and traits and practices of successful leaders, create a 1-3 slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes. Add an additional slide for references at the end of your presentation.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Create a slide that summarizes your leadership style, traits, and practices.
- Explain why it is important for nursing professionals to be aware of their personal leadership style, traits, and practices.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Respond with 175 on SIDS ( Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Summarize the topic you selected, including your findings from the research.
- Define the relevance of the topic as it relates to children\\\’s health and clinical NP practice.
- Discuss treatment options, including any involved risks and benefits.
- Discuss controversies surrounding the topic by responding to opposing viewpoints.
- Describe the history of Public Health worldwide.
- Identify government agencies that affect, positively or negatively, public health in the United States.
- Evaluate the impact of public policy as an instrument that benefits the provision of services of the Hispanic Community in the state of Florida.
- Analyze the role of the advanced nursing professional (ARNP) in the general public health and the focus on the health of the Hispanic Community.
- Use the A.P.A. style. Your essay must have a minimum of 1000 words and use at least three bibliographic references. Avoid plagiarism by submitting your work to SafeAssign.
In a PowerPoint presentation, describe a brief overview of the History of Public Health worldwide. 6 slice is ok.
Submitmyhomework.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
- How it works
- Become a writer