|For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation based on the following case studies.
Read the following two Case Studies and answer the questions presented.
Amish Case Study â€“ Elmer and Mary Miller Questions:
1. Develop three open-ended questions or statements to guide you in your
understanding of Mary and Elmer and what health and caring mean to them and to the Amish culture.
2. List four or five areas of perinatal care that you would want to discuss with Mary.
3. Why do you think Mary placed the baby on a pillow as she was leaving the doctorâ€™s office?
4. If you were the nurse to whom Mrs. Miller confided her interest in taking the baby to the folk healer, what would you do to learn more about their simultaneous use of folk and professional health services?
5. List three items to discuss with the Millers to prepare them for their consultation at the medical center.
6. If you were preparing the reference for consultation, what would you mention about the Millers that would help to promote culturally congruent care at the medical center?
7. Imagine yourself participating in a meeting with state and local health department officials and several local physicians and nurses to develop a plan to increase the immunization rates in the counties with large Amish populations. What would you suggest as ways to accomplish this goal?
8. Discuss two reasons why many Old Order Amish choose not to carry health insurance.
9. Name three health problems with genetic links that are prevalent in some Amish communities.
10. How might health-care providers use the Amish values of the three-generational family and their visiting patterns in promoting health in the Amish community?
11. List three Amish values to consider in prenatal education classes.
12. Develop a nutritional guide for Amish women who are interested in losing weight. Consider Amish values, daily lifestyle, and food production and preparation patterns.
13. List three ways in which Amish express caring.
Jewish Case Study #1 â€“ Sarah Questions:
JEWISH CASE STUDY #1
1. What must you anticipate in discussing with Sarah her wishes regarding the continuation of medical care?
2. How would you respond to her initial decision to have surgery and initiate chemotherapy?
3. What questions do you need to ask in the initial patient interview to assess her degree of religious practice? How will you determine her spirituality needs?
4. What is your understanding of the reason she has so many visitors in her room?
5. Is hospice care appropriate for this patient?
6. Sarah dies with her family at her bedside. What interventions can you take at the time of death to demonstrate religious sensitivity to the family? What questions do you need to ask the family?
7. Describe three genetic or hereditary diseases common with Ashkenazi Jews.
8. Describe Jewish burial rituals and grieving process.
9. Discuss the laws of Kashrut in regard to food practices for observant Jewish clients.
10. What should the health-care provider keep in mind when entering a Jewish home to provide care?
11. Distinguish between the terms Sephardic and Ashkenazi.
12. How might a non-Jewish and a Jewish coworker share holidays in the workforce?
13. What is the official language the Jewish people use for prayer?
Your presentation should be 8-10 slides (not including title, objectives, and references slides) with detailed notes for each slide. No audio recording is required. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end.
Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations by going to the Writing and Resource center, Module 3: Assignments, Microsoft, and utilize the Microsoft Overview and the Creating a Quality PowerPoint video.
Length: 8-10 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Title slide (1 slide)
Amish Case Study: at least 4 slides
Jewish Case Study #1: at least 4 slides
References (1 slide)
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Submitmyhomework.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
- How it works
- Become a writer