CAHIIM Competencies Assessed:
Subdomain VI.D. Human Resources Management
- Create and implement staff orientation and training programs (Blooms 6)
Instructions: You are an HIM Supervisor at a hospital and you have been asked to create a new staff training on data compliance rules. Assume that the new staff has a wide variety of background, with some new staff knowing nothing about data compliance at all. The training should be basic and introductory.
Create an outline for your training.
- Include an introduction and summary within your outline
- Length of outline should be 3-4 pages
- It should be an annotated outline. This means that it should include citations within the outline and a reference page.
- Your training should include the topics of HIPAA and The Joint Commission and other data compliance topics that affect hospital staff