Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
- Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2014).
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library's website and locate the articles below:
- Project Health Design. Hessels, A., Flynn, L., Cimiotti, J. P., Bakken, S., & Gershon, R. (2015). Impact of Heath Information Technology on the Quality of Patient Care. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 19(3), 1–13. Retrieved from http://proxy.stu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=111669153&site=ehost-live
- Explore/View the website(s) below:
- UCSFHealth. (2019). Evaluating Health Information. Retrieved from https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/evaluating_health_information/ (Links to an external site.)
- Jha/Duke Clinical Research Institute, A. K. (2010, October 20). Use of Health IT in the US: Implications for Cost and Quality [Video file]. Retrieved from Use of Health IT in the US: Implications for Cost and Quality (Links to an external site.)
What electronic communication strategies are used at your organization to communicate with patients? Based on your organization’s HIPAA policy, how is patient privacy and confidentiality protected?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.