Prepare the informative speech outline. You can choose your topic. Be sure to choose a topic that does not include any opinion – it should be strictly information. To prepare the outline, use the full-sentence outline method. The outline should have enough content in order to deliver a 5-7 minute informative speech. When you are creating your outline, please be sure to check out the sample outline that is linked in the directions above. The format is a required part of the assignment. Please DO NOT simply follow the bullet points listed above. The outline should include the following:
- Specific Purpose
- Central Idea (aka: Thesis Statement or Preview Statement)
- Introduction – capture attention, establish YOUR speaker credibility, preview the speech
- Body – key points (minimum of 3), transitions between main points, supporting materials from at least 3 sources including in-text references to the sources.
- Conclusion – signal the end, summarize main points, bring finality
- Researched supporting material references (minimum 3) – include a works cited at the end of your outline, use APA format.
- Identification of a presentation aid (visual)
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with in-text citations and full references in APA format.