Create a PowerPoint presentation to illustrate and explain how the core determinants of health are impacting the health of your target population. Note that you should briefly review all of the determinants and then choose the ones that impact your target group to talk about in the assignment. (10 slides)
in this course, you are permitted to use first person, such as “I, we, me, us”, etc., due to the nature of the assignments.
- Based on my population, the type of Core Determinants of Health I chose are: Personal health practices and coping skills, Gender, Physical Environment and health services
Target population – 25-50yrs old Homeless female
HealthyPeople.gov. (2019). Determinants of health.
Please read the following instructions:
· Do not write a paper in the PPT – clean, organized and easy to read bullets/graphs/diagrams should be used to get the message across
· Titles on each slide are to be in all capital letters, remaining information such as text info and references are NEVER in all capital letters in a power point.
· Citations are on EACH slide posted in the lower right corner as (author, year) – the exception is if you use a quote or have more than bullets for the message – than use the citation within the sentence/message – but using quotes and full sentences is completely avoided if at all possible for class PPTs. Citations are to be in parentheses. I do NOT want you to complete “speaker notes” in your power points!
· Enticing background color is welcomed as well as minimal transitions and pictures to add to the message. (You do not need to cite sources of pictures or graphics in your power point).
· Title slide with title, your name, the date, and school listed
· Objectives slide follows the title slide and tells the reader what you will cover. (Just like the introductory paragraph in a paper).
· Every slide has a title/heading in all capital letters, of no more than 3-4 words- no acronyms (such as RN, MD, ICU, etc.) are permitted in headings, all numbers and acronyms have to be spelled out in headings or titles or as the first word of any sentence. Titles/ headings of slides are to be in all capital letters.
· No more than 7-8 bullets or points on a slide
· Reference slide compiling ALL references as the last slide in APA format; bulleted or “hanging”
· Be sure that the font is large enough to read or you may need to make it larger- sometimes 15-20 are good for references.
· There should be 2-3 pictures, graphs, or diagrams in each power point. If they are copyrighted material, they must be cited and referenced.