Evolving Health Care Environment and Political Activism
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. Students should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in their academic work.)
Black, B. P. (2017). Chapter 14 and 15
Online Materials & Resources
- Lucas, A. & Ward, C. W. (2016). Using social media to increase engagement in nursing organizations. Nursing, 46(6), 47-49.
- Johnson, J. E. & Billingsley, M. (2014). Convergence: How nursing unions and Magnet are advancing nursing. Nursing Forum, 49(4), 225-232
- Berg, J. G. & Dickow, M. (2014). Nurse role exploration project: The Affordable Care Act and new nursing roles. Nurse Leader, 12(5), 40-44
- Vincent, D. & Reed, P. G. (2014). Affordable Care Act: Overview and implications for advancing nursing. Nursing Science Quarterly, 27(4), 254-259.
What are your thoughts about the debate regarding whether health care is a right or a privilege? How has the changing health care environment impacted your practice?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.