Prior to beginning work on this assignment review Chapters 21, 24, 25 and 27 of Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach.
Select two of the case studies located in the course textbook at the end of Chapters 21, 24, 25, or 27, and answer the questions associated with those case studies in a cohesive, APA-formatted paper.
- Recommend where would you start to improve the user experience.
- Pharmacists are asking for your help due to struggles with non-integrated systems. What methods would you use to examine this issue?
- Describe how usability should be incorporated as part of the purchasing process for this institution.
- Assuming that you are the clinical content manager leading reporting efforts, recommend the approach you would take to address the reporting problem.
- Describe how the effort of changing preadmission testing data collection from paper to the Electronic Health Record System (EHR) can be approached.
- Using Patient Safety and Quality Research Design (PSQRD) methodology, identifying area of quality improvement in the hospital setting, recommend a process plan and identify the expected outcomes.
- Discuss whether the proposed course of action would be permissible under current fraud and abuse regulations.
- Explain common issues related to the use of EHR and healthcare fraud.
- Discuss how the proposed EHR could potentially facilitate healthcare fraud.
- Describe the timeline of the program and its potential financial impact on the individual healthcare providers who are involved in meaningful use.
- Explain the process that providers must complete to avoid payment penalties.
- Explain the timeframe for the provider to achieve modified stage two and stage three measures.
The Week 4 Case Studies Papers
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource for each case study.
- Must include a separate title page for each case study with the following:
- Title of paper including the chapter number and case study title
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.