Personal Philosophy of Nursing
In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA style, describe your personal approach to professional nursing practice. Be sure to address each one of the following criteria:
- Which philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory describes nursing in the way you think about it?
- Discuss how you could utilize the philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory to organize your thoughts for critical thinking and decision making in nursing practice.
- Formulate and discuss your personal definition of nursing, person, health, and environment.
- Discuss a minimum of two beliefs and/or values about nursing that guide your own practice.
- Analyze your communication style using one of the tools presented in the course.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses associated with your style of communication.
- Impact of your communication style on your ability to collaborate as part of an interdisciplinary team.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
- Name your document SU_NSG3007_W4_Project_LastName_ FirstInitial.doc. Submit your
- Submit your response in a 6- to 7-page paper to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.