Hi, do you know how to use R studio. This is from Econs, but it is only about some basic operations for R language.
Econ 334: International Trade
Department of Economics
University of Massachusetts Boston
Activity VI – Applications – Chapter 9
Due on Friday, Nov. 20 on the Blackboard before 11pm
U.S. and European Duties on Solar Panels from China
Beginning in 2009, the value of imports of solar panels from China to the United States grew from $640 million to over $3 billion. During the same time period, American solar panel firms had gone bankrupt. In October 2011, several U.S. companies selling solar panels filed a trade complaint against Chinese firms, arguing that these foreign firms were dumping panels and that they were being subsidized. A ruling by the Department of Commerce (DOC) in October 2012 stated that Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. sold solar panels at 32% below costs and that another producer from China was selling them at 16% below costs. By definition, this is considered dumping in the United States and Europe. DOC recommended that tariffs of 32% be implemented against Suntech and 24% against the second company. Use the graph (that shows trends in installation and price of solar panel) below as a reference to answer the following questions.
1. What were the effects of the alleged dumping in the US market on consumers and producers? Explain
2. What were the effects of the antidumping duties (i.e. tariffs of 32% on Suntech and 24% on the second company) on consumers, producers, and the government? Explain
3. What was the expected net welfare effect of dumping (before antidumping duties) in the US?
4. What was the expected net welfare effect of antidumping duties in the US?
5. Was the imposition of the antidumping duty by the US government the right decision? Explain why.
- Assignment 1: Required Assignment 2—Tracking Progress on Sustainability Goals Good intentions must be followed by actions leading to measurable outcomes. Sustainability initiatives and their outcomes are tracked through accountability systems and transparent reporting. Click here to download and review the Top Shelf scenario so far. Use your module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to research accountability systems and transparent reporting. Use your research to first analyze how the factors apply to Walmart’s sustainability index and then to create a transparent sustainability report for Top Shelf. Write a report that includes the following: Write a report that includes the following: How was Walmart’s sustainability index developed? What makes it particularly innovative? Which social, ecological, and economic sustainability considerations are covered? Which ones are left out? Can Walmart’s approach be used by Top Shelf to track their efforts? Justify your answer. Briefly describe two other approaches (different from that of Walmart) that could be used by Top Shelf to track their efforts. Recommend one approach for Top Shelf and explain in detail how the company can measure, track, and report progress on their sustainability goals. Justify your choice. Explain why your recommendation would be superior to the status quo. Write a 10–12-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc. By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area. Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Explained the innovation in Walmart’s sustainability index demonstrating research and analysis of sustainability considerations. 40 Explained whether Walmart’s approach can be used by Top Shelf to track their efforts demonstrating in-depth analysis. 40 Evaluated two other approaches (different from that of Walmart) that could be used by Top Shelf to track their efforts. 56 Recommended one approach for Top Shelf and explained in detail how the company can measure, track, and report progress on their sustainability goals. 56 Explained why your recommendation would be superior to the status quo giving reasons based on peer-reviewed literature. 44 Assertions demonstrated in-depth research and analysis of information. 40 Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 24 Total: 300
- oparachrispinus at gma;l dot com05:47
An investment of $14611 will bring cash flows of $2860, $8103, and $9543 at the end of the first three years.
If interest rates are 0.06, what is the net present value of the investment?
The college where your child is going to attend charges tuition of $15,000, $20,000, $25,000, and $30,000 due at the beginning of the year. If interest rates are 0.06,
what is the present value of tuition?
how to solution that i need step
Need 1 DQ with 2 responses
Due in 12 hours. Total 15 q’s. No Plagiarism. answer is properly and in detail
Chapter 7: 2,4
Chapter 8: 2,4
ch 9: 2，4，6
Chapter 11: 4,6
Chapter 12: 2,4,6
Revise assignment for me.
Write 1,000 words, Apa format, no plagerism, no grammatical errors, and ,must be on time with a due date of 31 Jan.
One of the more important measures in regard to international economics is the balance of payments. Think of it as a national accounting measure that looks at the flow of goods and services into and out of an economy in a given period of time. It also shows capital flows into and out of a country. Until 1980, the United States tended to run a positive-to-neutral balance of payments position and was a creditor nation. In the course of the past 30 years, the United States has moved to a negative balance of payments and to being a debtor nation.
Review and discuss the following:
- Discuss the importance of the balance of payments as an accounting measure.
- Discuss the current account and its components and the capital and financial accounts and their components.
- How important is the U.S. deficit in traded goods in regard to the balance of payments?
Here are some relevant articles to help you with this assignment:
Q1 Can the private and public morals of leaders be separated?
Q2 What place should forgiveness have in organizations? How does personal forgiveness fit in?
Q3 Which stakeholders (customers, employees, investors, community etc.) have priority among your managers by percentage? What priority should employees have?
- Evaluate the historical relationship between unemployment and inflation. (hint: You may start from A.W. Phillips’s finding of the relationship between unemployment and inflation.)
- Distinguish between the short-run and the long-run in a macroeconomic analysis. Why is the relationship between unemployment and inflation different in the short-run and the long-run?
- Assess the recent 20-year U.S. unemployment and inflation data. Do the current U.S. unemployment and inflation data confirm the short-run Phillips curve?
- Analyze why the recent 20-year U.S. unemployment and inflation data approves or disproves the short-run Phillips curve.
- Evaluate whether the Phillips curve can still validly resolve today’s issue of unemployment and inflation and forecast unemployment and inflation. Why or why not?
- Recommend any policy, method, or opinions for the current U.S. unemployment and inflation as a policy maker for either fiscal policy or monetary policy (or both).
Submitmyhomework.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
- How it works
- Become a writer