Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 9
- Link (video): How to add data analysis onto your Excel tool bar and more
- Link (video): Calculating descriptive statistics in Excel
- Minimum of 1 library resource for initial post
If you recall, you worked with some data analysis in chapter 9. However, this time you will be conducting the analysis on your own data. This discussion is designed to help you with this analysis. You will be able to post questions about the process and also provide an example for other students that are struggling.
Initial Post Instructions
For this discussion, post your raw data and your analysis of that data using Excel.
First, you will want to enable the data analysis add-in for your version of Excel. Linked above is a video to show you how to do this. Once you have the add-in then you can enter your data. When you enter your data include a header for each of the categories that you used to collect data. Then you can follow the second video above to run some descriptive statistics on your data. Finally, upload your excel sheet for the class to see and some of your thoughts about your data.
Secondary Post Instructions
Ask any questions that you may have about the data. Also, ask any questions you might have about how the data analysis was conducted.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA format, incorporate appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept with corresponding references page for the initial post.
Grading and Assessment
Meeting the minimum number of postings does not guarantee an A; you must present an in-depth discussion of high quality, integrate sources to support your assertions, and refer to peers’ comments in your secondary posts to build on concepts.
Course Learning Outcome(s): 1, 3, 4, 5