Assessment : Annotated Bibliography
Length: 1800 words
Due: 2 Sep 20189
Complete an annotated bibliography of literature related to tourism impacts and your MKT01906 destination.
- Locate, summarise and evaluate five (5) articles (three (3) academic journal articles published between 2015 and 2019, and two (2) non-academic ones) relating to tourism at your MKT01906 destination (i.e, JAPAN) (see Question 5 instructions for Assessment 3).
- Use the Academic Skills Quick Guide ‘Writing an Annotated Bibliography’ on MySCU site produced by SCU Centre for Teaching and Learning.
Your annotated bibliography should be presented as follows:
- Provide a heading for each article with full bibliographic details arranged in alphabetical order, following the Harvard format.
- Describe the contents of each article and analyse each in relation to Assessment 3 (tourism impacts, destination development, tourism policy) (see Assessment 3 instructions). What is the article about? What are key ideas in the article?
- Provide a statement on the relevance of each article to your selected MKT01906 destination. Do key ideas relate to study destination? How?
Note: Readings or your text for MKT01906 cannot be used as academic sources for this assessment.
- Identify and critically analyse the impacts from tourism activity on the host community at the destination
- Identify and critically explain two key destination development issues which are currently occuring at the destination
- Identify and critically explain one tourism policy issue for the destination
- Correct bibliographic details for each academic source (5 marks)
- Review and evaluation of five sources (3 academic and 2 non-academic) relevant to Assignment 3 (20 marks)
- Correct spelling, grammar and logical argument (5 marks).