For this assignment, you will locate two research studies related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2.
1. In pregnant mothers (P), how do mandatory checkups (I) compared to non-mandatory checkups (C) enhance the chances of diagnosing preeclampsia (O) during their second and third trimester (T)?
2. In pregnant mothers diagnosed with preeclampsia (P), what are the chances of undergoing caesarian delivery (I) and not normal delivery (C) when giving birth (O) between 37-40 weeks of pregnancy?
3. In pregnant mothers (P), what are the chances of experiencing symptoms (I) or not experiencing symptoms (C) of preeclampsia before diagnosis (O) during their pregnancy (T)?
The articles must be current (within the last five years), and one article must be quantitative, and one article must be qualitative. Article choice is very important, therefore:
- Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments. The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review articles should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment. Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
- Select one each: qualitative and quantitative research articles.
- Create a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist for the two research articles (one column per article).
- Complete with brief, concise, summarized information.
Part II: Write a summary (one- to two- pages)
- Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
- Use current APA Style for your summary paper and to cite your sources.