Every post in the discussion must be supported by evidence. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates. In addition, you must respond to any responses received from your professor. Complete your participation for this assignment by end of the week.
To support your work, use your course and text readings as well as the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Patient or lay person medical information portals such as webMD, Medscape, Mayo Clinic, or any disease foundations, such as the arthritis foundation or the diabetic foundation, are not acceptable resources for your scholarly work.
Describe the Punnett Square and what it used to predict. What are the limitations of the Punnett Square?
Mom is a carrier for hemophilia but does not have the disease.
Dad does not have hemophilia
Using the Punnett Square, answer the following questions:
- What is the probability a female offspring developing hemophilia?
- What is the probability of a female offspring being a carrier for hemophilia?
- What is the probability of a male offspring developing hemophilia?
- What is the probability of a male offspring being a carrier developing hemophilia?
- What is the probability of any offspring developing hemophilia?
- Explain why only some offspring would develop the disease?