You have now been exposed to various world-views of well known theorists and their nursing philosophies/theories, including other disciplines’ philosophies.In this project, you will write your own philosophy of nursing unique to your own current practice of nursing.Writing a philosophy is time-consuming, and requires much self-introspection. It involves writing down your beliefs and values about nursing. Often you ask the questions: ” What is nursing?” and “Why do I practice nursing the way I do it now?”Remember, there is no right or wrong philosophy! The goal here is to expound on your philosophy based on the knowledge you obtained or have understood or learned through the study of other theorists/philosophers.Steps to follow:
- Before beginning this project, review MDC School of Nursing BSN Philosophy MDC School of Nursing BSN Philosophy – Alternative Formats . (This is an example of how concepts and philosophy guides and directs curriculum.)
- Your Personal Philosophy must address the five (5) topics as shown in the Personal Nursing Philosophy Rubric (MP1) Personal Nursing Philosophy Rubric (MP1) – Alternative Formats
- It must be your original work.
- It should be no more than four pages long, double spaced, and typed in a MS WORD file.
- It should adhere to APA style (includes introduction, body, conclusion) with correct grammar and spelling are expected.
Personal Nursing Philosophy
Your Personal Philosophy must address and have the following Topics Headings:
Key Concepts (20 pts.)
Explain the key concepts of your philosophy/theory.
Describe the four (4) Metaparadigms of nursing as you view them and how they apply in your own practice area.
Nursing Process – Philosophy
Express how your philosophy could be applied to your present nursing practice, research, administration and/or education.
Nursing Process – Strengths & Limitations
Elaborate on your philosophy’s strength and limitations.
Paper must be your original work.
Paper should be no more than four (4) pages long, double space and typed in Microsoft WORD file.
Paper should adhere to APA style (includes introduction, body, conclusion) with correct grammar spelling are expected.