PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
TOPIC: Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
Feeding, eating, and elimination disorders can be difficult to detect and treat. Parents need education and information to determine if their infant, child, or adolescent may have these types of disorders. A Parent Guide can be a useful tool to help both the clinician and the parent in understanding the child or adolescent and providing behavioral strategies for helping families work with these disorders. For this Discussion, you will be assigned a feeding, eating, or elimination disorder.
In this Discussion, you work with your group again to develop a Parent Guide for your assigned feeding, eating, or elimination disorder.
- Analyze signs and symptoms of feeding, eating, and elimination disorders
- Analyze pathophysiology of feeding, eating, and elimination disorders
- Analyze diagnosis and treatment methods for feeding, eating, and elimination disorders
- Create professional cover letters, resumes, and portfolios
To Prepare for this Assignment:
- Your Instructor will assign you to a group and a disorder by Day 1 of Week 2.
- Review the resources concerning your assigned disorder.
- Use your group’s Discussion Board to design and develop the Parent Guide before posting to the group wiki. For further guidance, refer to the Accessing Group Discussions instructions below.
Using evidence-based research, design and develop a Parent Guide for your assigned disorder including:
- Signs and symptoms
- How the disorder is diagnosed
- Treatment options